Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Lockheed Martin Corporation ( LMT) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Lockheed Martin Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LMT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $171.3 million.
- LMT traded 12,482 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:27 AM.
- LMT is up 3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LMT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LMT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LMT: Lockheed Martin Corporation, a security and aerospace company, engages in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems and products for defense, civil, and commercial applications in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. LMT has a PE ratio of 16.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Lockheed Martin Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lockheed Martin Corporation has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lockheed Martin has a market cap of $47.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 2% with 4.87 days to cover. Shares are up 0.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lockheed Martin Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 58.24% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LMT should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP has improved earnings per share by 16.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP increased its bottom line by earning $8.34 versus $7.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($9.65 versus $8.34).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry average. The net income increased by 20.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $727.00 million to $873.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market, LOCKHEED MARTIN CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- LMT, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.4%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Lockheed Martin Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.