Office Depot, Inc. (NYSE:ODP), a leading global provider of office supplies and services, has announced it is expanding its technology product offerings to include health and fitness devices that give business professionals smarter ways to stay healthy. The new line of digital fitness products is designed for customers who want to live a healthier lifestyle, track and achieve fitness goals and, ultimately, be more health-conscious whether at home, the office or on the road. “New technology innovation in the digital fitness space is allowing people to seamlessly blend work and health,” said Tom Lee, Vice President of Merchandising & New Product Acquisition for Office Depot, Inc. “Our expansion into this area is part of the Company’s growing assortment of wireless technology gadgets that allow professionals to remain productive wherever they go. Offering customers easy access to products to help enhance and impact their lives in all realms is an obvious move for our brand.” New digital fitness devices available at Office Depot retail locations and OfficeDepot.com include: Work Hard, Play Hard
- Striiv Play Pedometer ($59.99): Striiv’s sleek, discreet activity tracker makes fitness feel like play. The device tracks activity including stairs and steps as well as distance, calories and more.
- Striiv Smart Pedometer ($99.99): The world’s first smart pedometer, Striiv’s activity motivation system learns your behaviors and designs personalized challenges tailored to your activity levels to help you reach your fitness goals even on the busiest of days.
- Rhythm by Scosche ($79.99): The Rhythm Bluetooth armband heart rate monitor is app-powered and easily attaches to your forearm to track heart rate, calories burned, distance, speed, pace and more.
- SYNC Burn and Fit ($79.99-$99.99): SYNC Fitness Bands capture truer calorie burn by uniquely combining heart rate measurement and intensity of movement. In addition to knowing how many calories you burn 24 hours a day, the fitness bands also capture steps taken and distance traveled to help give a comprehensive view of daily movements.
- SYNC GPS Watches and Heart Rate Straps ($59.99-$79.99): SYNC GPS Watches and SYNC Heart Rate Straps are performance products suited for those individuals looking to accurately monitor and track their workouts. SYNC taps into the power of your smartphone to provide optimized fitness routines and smarter training.
- SYNC Elite Fitness Band ($39.99): SYNC Elite is an activity tracker that captures all day motion data by tracking core metrics such as distance, steps, speed, and calculating calories burned to provide a detailed snapshot of daily motion.
Office Depot, Inc. is a resource and a catalyst to help customers work better. We are a single source for everything customers need to be more productive, including the latest technology, core office supplies, print and document services, business services, facilities products, furniture, and school essentials.The company has combined annual sales of approximately $17 billion, employs about 66,000 associates, and serves consumers and businesses in 59 countries with more than 2,200 retail stores, award-winning e-commerce sites and a dedicated business-to-business sales organization – all delivered through a global network of wholly owned operations, joint ventures, franchisees, licensees and alliance partners. The company’s portfolio of leading brands includes Office Depot, OfficeMax, OfficeMax Grand & Toy, Viking, Ativa, TUL, Foray, and DiVOGA. Office Depot, Inc.’s common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ODP. Additional press information can be found at: http://news.officedepot.com. Additional information about the recently completed merger of Office Depot and OfficeMax can be found at http://officedepotmaxmerger.com.