Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- eBay (Nasdaq: EBAY) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A-. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- EBAY's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Although EBAY's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.20 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, EBAY has a quick ratio of 1.67, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,334.00 million or 15.59% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, EBAY INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 23.65%.
- EBAY INC has improved earnings per share by 17.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EBAY INC reported lower earnings of $1.99 versus $2.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.70 versus $1.99).
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.