Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Express ( EXPR) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Express as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EXPR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $27.8 million.
- EXPR traded 189,705 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:32 AM, representing 12.5% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXPR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXPR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXPR: Express, Inc. operates as a specialty apparel and accessory retailer primarily in the United States. Its stores provide apparel and accessories for women and men between 20 and 30 years old across various aspects of the lifestyles comprising work, casual, jeanswear, and going-out occasions. EXPR has a PE ratio of 12.0. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Express a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Express has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Express has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.66 and a short float of 4.2% with 2.48 days to cover. Shares are down 0.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Express as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 36.29% is the gross profit margin for EXPRESS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.83% trails the industry average.
- EXPRESS INC has improved earnings per share by 15.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EXPRESS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.60 versus $1.58 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 6.9% in earnings ($1.49 versus $1.60).
- You can view the full Express Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.