Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AmTrust Financial Services ( AFSI) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, AmTrust Financial Services fell $0.38 (-1.1%) to $34.81 on light volume. Throughout the day, 618,587 shares of AmTrust Financial Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 962,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.38-$35.49 after having opened the day at $35.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.19. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Triple-S Management Corporation ( GTS), down 2.5%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), down 2.0%, Allied World Assurance Company Holdings ( AWH), down 1.9% and American Equity Investment Life Holding Com ( AEL), down 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full AmTrust Financial Services Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.