Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. New York Community Bancorp ( NYCB) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, New York Community Bancorp fell $0.19 (-1.1%) to $17.00 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,253,776 shares of New York Community Bancorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,034,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.93-$17.39 after having opened the day at $17.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.19. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), down 17.1%, American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), down 10.6%, Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X Shares ( DUST), down 10.3% and InnSuites Hospitality ( IHT), down 9.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full New York Community Bancorp Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.