Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. People's United Financial ( PBCT) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, People's United Financial fell $0.21 (-1.4%) to $15.38 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,252,837 shares of People's United Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,903,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $15.34-$15.68 after having opened the day at $15.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.59. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Credit Suisse ( DSLV), down 8.6%, PSB Holdings ( PSBH), down 7.5%, Old Second Bancorp ( OSBC), down 6.2% and American River Bankshares ( AMRB), down 5.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full People's United Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.