Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vale ( VALE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Vale rose $0.17 (1.2%) to $13.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15,702,057 shares of Vale exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16,776,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $13.61-$13.90 after having opened the day at $13.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.55. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Paramount Gold and Silver Corporation ( PZG), up 10.8%, Minco Gold Corporation ( MGH), up 10.5%, Great Panther Silver ( GPL), up 10.0% and Banro Corporation ( BAA), up 8.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.