Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aflac ( AFL) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Aflac rose $0.92 (1.4%) to $65.19 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,736,587 shares of Aflac exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,993,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.10-$65.26 after having opened the day at $64.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.27. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), up 14.2%, Hilltop Holdings ( HTH), up 8.4%, National Interstate Corporation ( NATL), up 7.9% and First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), up 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aflac Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.