Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Growth Properties ( GGP) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, General Growth Properties rose $0.41 (2.0%) to $20.53 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,506,727 shares of General Growth Properties exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,724,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.21-$20.54 after having opened the day at $20.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.12. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: SWS Group ( SWS), up 20.3%, Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), up 14.2%, SPDR Russell 1000 ETF ( ONEK), up 13.1% and Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 3X Shares ( NUGT), up 10.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Growth Properties Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.