Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VeriFone Systems ( PAY) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, VeriFone Systems rose $1.25 (4.8%) to $27.50 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,827,531 shares of VeriFone Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,592,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.23-$27.61 after having opened the day at $26.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.25. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Helen of Troy ( HELE), up 10.3%, Ocean Bio-Chem ( OBCI), up 9.4%, Verso Paper ( VRS), up 7.8% and Truett-Hurst Inc Class A ( THST), up 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full VeriFone Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.