Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Praxair ( PX) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Praxair rose $1.49 (1.1%) to $132.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,309,784 shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 886,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $130.97-$132.55 after having opened the day at $131.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $131.00. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), up 18.8%, Synthesis Energy Sys ( SYMX), up 15.7%, Braskem ( BAK), up 2.7% and Green Plains Renewable Energy ( GPRE), up 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Praxair Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.