Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. DryShips ( DRYS) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, DryShips fell $0.16 (-3.9%) to $3.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 20,871,937 shares of DryShips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,118,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $3.85-$4.13 after having opened the day at $4.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.08. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: YRC Worldwide ( YRCW), down 16.0%, FreeSeas ( FREE), down 12.5%, Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), down 9.0% and Baltic Trading ( BALT), down 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full DryShips Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.