Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HDFC Bank ( HDB) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, HDFC Bank fell $0.57 (-1.7%) to $33.59 on average volume. Throughout the day, 866,875 shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 875,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.41-$34.50 after having opened the day at $34.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.16. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Credit Suisse ( UGAZ), down 11.9%, Wayne Savings ( WAYN), down 8.8%, OptimumBank Holdings ( OPHC), down 8.3% and Jacksonville Bancorp ( JAXB), down 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full HDFC Bank Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.