Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. SunTrust Banks ( STI) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, SunTrust Banks rose $0.74 (2.0%) to $38.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,908,202 shares of SunTrust Banks exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,402,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.46-$38.07 after having opened the day at $37.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.27. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), up 10.8%, PSB Holdings ( PSBH), up 6.4%, Home Bancorp ( HBCP), up 6.2% and Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), up 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full SunTrust Banks Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.