Delivering on the promise to help people connect to the power in color, Valspar Paint® reveals its 2014 Color Outlook and trend palettes. In 2014, Valspar predicts the theme of “redefining the home” will grow in importance in the coming year and has curated three distinct color palettes that embrace this forecasted trend. Each color palette – Zenergy, Time Traveler and Yours Truly – is inspired by the newest underlying influences and movements that are expressed in fashion, food, art, interior design and lifestyle.
- Zenergy – As desires shift toward restoring balance and simplifying in an effort to revitalize and energize, colors and styles that reflect minimalism and uncomplicated quiet luxury will grow in popularity for 2014. Trend colors in this palette include serene greens and blues and cool hues that are restorative and unpretentious. Lighter, natural colors that set a feathered atmosphere are paired with darker, soulful shades. Warm wood tones and orderly geometric lines will counter and complement the minimalism of the colors.
- Time Traveler – This trend palette reflects the desire to reconnect to cultures and customs of faraway times and places and the yearning to weave these collected stories into our modern lives and homes like patchwork. Inspired by history, fantasy, folklore and tribal motifs, colors and styles are combined in a way that pays tribute to tradition, but with fresh perspective. Trend colors in this palette focus on visually rich hues borrowed from different cultures and eras. Lighter hues featuring gray undertones are married with bold traditional colors to take a piece of history and reconnect it in a modern home.
- Yours Truly – As our lives become increasingly curated, we are reinventing traditional function through customization and personal expression, allowing for an aesthetic that feels custom, handcrafted, re-imagined, and a bit imperfect but always inspired. We see the importance of connecting to the products we buy through stories and personal touch, and gravitate toward creatively blending different materials and finishes for a look that is experimental, unexpected and all our own. This color palette is grounded with earthy tones, but the addition of clean greens and blues reflects new adventure and discovery.
This marks the fifth annual Valspar Color Outlook, which each year examines new prevailing directions and inspirations that are beginning to be expressed in functional art forms and lifestyle. Valspar research looks at broad global issues, consumer behaviors and the economy and analyzes how these influences filter down to interior colors, materials and finishes. The Valspar Color Outlook and trend palettes serve to capture the ideas that are relevant and refreshing to consumers.As part of the Valspar 2014 Color Outlook unveiling, Valspar is hosting a series of activations on the Valspar Paint Facebook page, providing Valspar fans unique access to colors and personal color tips and advice from the Valspar trend palettes and beyond including the Valspar Palette of the Day Sweepstakes and a live Facebook Chat with Valspar Color Strategist Sue Kim.
- Valspar Palette of the Day Sweepstakes: Beginning Tuesday, January 14 at 9:30 a.m. EST through Thursday, January 16 at 11:59 p.m. EST, Valspar will host a sweepstakes giving away trend colors from each of the palettes. Each day will feature a new palette. New or current fans are encouraged to visit the Valspar Paint Facebook page to enter the daily sweepstakes for a chance to win one free gallon of Valspar paint. Participants are required to be a fan of the Valspar Paint Facebook page prior to entering. Fifteen randomly selected entrants will win each day (see official rules at www.facebook.com/ValsparPaint).
- Facebook Chat with Valspar Color Strategist Sue Kim: On Thursday, January 23, Valspar Color Strategist Sue Kim will host a live color chat on the Valspar Paint Facebook page answering fan questions and providing personal color tips and advice to help everyone make the most of their color selection journey.