Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Chevron fell $1.78 (-1.4%) to $123.29 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,198,409 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,590,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $122.75-$124.46 after having opened the day at $124.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $125.07. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Genie Energy Ltd Class B ( GNE), down 8.9%, VAALCO Energy ( EGY), down 7.7%, YPF Sociedad Anonima ( YPF), down 6.8% and Forbes Energy Services ( FES), down 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.