Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Halliburton Company ( HAL) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Halliburton Company fell $0.70 (-1.4%) to $49.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,053,900 shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,803,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.11-$50.18 after having opened the day at $50.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.20. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: North American Palladium ( PAL), down 16.3%, BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), down 10.3%, Genie Energy Ltd Class B ( GNE), down 8.9% and Universal Stainless & Alloy Products ( USAP), down 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Halliburton Company Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.