Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walgreen Company ( WAG) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Walgreen Company rose $1.85 (3.2%) to $59.36 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10,194,898 shares of Walgreen Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,131,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $57.07-$59.43 after having opened the day at $57.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.51. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Rite Aid Corporation ( RAD), up 6.4%, Overstock.com ( OSTK), up 4.8%, China Jo-Jo Drugstores ( CJJD), up 3.9% and BioScrip ( BIOS), up 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walgreen Company Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.