Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts rose $0.19 (1.0%) to $19.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9,773,664 shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,650,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.88-$19.26 after having opened the day at $19.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.05. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Impac Mortgage Holdings ( IMH), up 7.0%, Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), up 6.7%, Gyrodyne Company of America ( GYRO), up 6.1% and NTS Realty Holdings ( NLP), up 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Host Hotels & Resorts Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.