Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Yelp ( YELP) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Yelp rose $5.96 (8.2%) to $78.62 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,528,715 shares of Yelp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,168,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $74.11-$79.89 after having opened the day at $74.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $72.66. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: ChinaCache International Holdings ( CCIH), up 19.4%, MeetMe ( MEET), up 15.6%, Bitauto Holdings ( BITA), up 14.8% and Montage Technology Group ( MONT), up 13.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Yelp Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.