Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ameriprise Financial ( AMP) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Ameriprise Financial rose $1.23 (1.1%) to $115.80 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,879,632 shares of Ameriprise Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,062,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $114.75-$116.72 after having opened the day at $115.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $114.57. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Security National Financial Corporation ( SNFCA), up 7.3%, PowerShares DB Agriculture Double Short ETN ( AGA), up 6.5%, Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 3X Shares ( DUST), up 5.1% and ProShares UltraShort MSCI Mexico Cppd IMI ( SMK), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ameriprise Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.