Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hess ( HES) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Hess rose $0.83 (1.0%) to $81.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,062,652 shares of Hess exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,546,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $80.58-$81.79 after having opened the day at $81.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.86. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: MagneGas Corporation ( MNGA), up 50.8%, HyperDynamics Corporation ( HDY), up 11.6%, BPZ Resources ( BPZ), up 10.4% and Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), up 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hess Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.