Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TransDigm Group ( TDG) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, TransDigm Group rose $1.75 (1.1%) to $162.78 on light volume. Throughout the day, 259,569 shares of TransDigm Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 413,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $160.14-$162.82 after having opened the day at $161.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $161.03. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Taser International ( TASR), up 12.7%, Astronics Corporation ( ATRO), up 10.8%, Astrotech Corporation ( ASTC), up 6.8% and Frontline ( FRO), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full TransDigm Group Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.