Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Shutterstock ( SSTK) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Shutterstock as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SSTK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.2 million.
- SSTK has traded 145,933 shares today.
- SSTK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SSTK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SSTK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SSTK: Shutterstock, Inc. operates an online marketplace for commercial digital imagery. SSTK has a PE ratio of 104.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Shutterstock a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Shutterstock has been 184,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Shutterstock has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. Shares are down 0.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Shutterstock as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, notable return on equity and robust revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share and unimpressive growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SSTK's share price has jumped by 215.22%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame.
- Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, SHUTTERSTOCK INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $14.65 million or 4.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SHUTTERSTOCK INC's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 23.71%.
- SHUTTERSTOCK INC's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 37.2% in earnings ($0.84 versus $1.33).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 29.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $8.74 million to $6.19 million.
- You can view the full Shutterstock Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.