- LYB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $191.0 million.
- LYB has traded 2.5 million shares today.
- LYB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LYB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LYB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LYB: LyondellBasell Industries N.V., together with its subsidiaries, manufacturers and sells chemicals and polymers; refines crude oil; produces gasoline blending components; and develops and licenses technologies for the production of polymers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. LYB has a PE ratio of 13.6. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate LyondellBasell Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for LyondellBasell Industries has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. LyondellBasell has a market cap of $43.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 2.27 and a short float of 1.8% with 3.00 days to cover. Shares are down 2.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates LyondellBasell Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LYB's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.20 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, LYB has a quick ratio of 1.57, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES NV's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 33.14% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LYB should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES NV's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES NV increased its bottom line by earning $4.97 versus $4.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.10 versus $4.97).
- You can view the full LyondellBasell Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.