Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Salix Pharmaceuticals ( SLXP) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, Salix Pharmaceuticals fell $1.17 (-1.3%) to $89.26 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,094,738 shares of Salix Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 847,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $87.93-$89.94 after having opened the day at $88.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $90.43. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 23.6%, BG Medicine ( BGMD), down 9.3%, TetraLogic Pharmaceuticals Corporation ( TLOG), down 6.4% and CytRx Corporation ( CYTR), down 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Salix Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.