Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hillshire Brands ( HSH) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Hillshire Brands fell $0.35 (-1.0%) to $33.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,523,601 shares of Hillshire Brands exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,149,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.42-$34.03 after having opened the day at $33.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.78. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Central Garden & Pet Company ( CENTA), down 5.2%, Origin Agritech ( SEED), down 5.1%, Cresud ( CRESY), down 4.9% and Tofutti Brands ( TOF), down 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Hillshire Brands Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.