Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Bank of New York Mellon ( BK) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Bank of New York Mellon fell $0.42 (-1.2%) to $34.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,601,423 shares of Bank of New York Mellon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,423,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.33-$35.17 after having opened the day at $35.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.95. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Cash Store Financial Services ( CSFS), down 12.2%, Elbit Imaging ( EMITF), down 10.2%, Rouse Properties ( RSE), down 8.3% and ELEMENTS Linked to SPECTRUM Large Cap U.S ( EEH), down 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Bank of New York Mellon Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.