Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FedEx Corporation ( FDX) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, FedEx Corporation rose $1.92 (1.4%) to $140.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,690,383 shares of FedEx Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,394,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $138.99-$140.98 after having opened the day at $139.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $138.72. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Star Bulk Carriers ( SBLK), up 9.5%, Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), up 8.4%, Frontline ( FRO), up 5.3% and USA Truck ( USAK), up 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full FedEx Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.