Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Comcast ( CMCSA) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Comcast rose $1.81 (3.5%) to $52.83 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 18,413,571 shares of Comcast exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,690,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.11-$53.20 after having opened the day at $51.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.02. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: NTN Buzztime ( NTN), up 7.1%, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia ( MSO), up 6.1%, YuMe ( YUME), up 5.8% and Tivo ( TIVO), up 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Comcast Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.