Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Mills ( GIS) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, General Mills rose $0.51 (1.0%) to $49.85 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,237,267 shares of General Mills exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,823,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.26-$49.94 after having opened the day at $49.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.34. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Verso Paper ( VRS), up 36.5%, Federal-Mogul ( FDML), up 9.1%, Truett-Hurst Inc Class A ( THST), up 7.6% and Calavo Growers ( CVGW), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Mills Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.