Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. LyondellBasell Industries ( LYB) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, LyondellBasell Industries rose $0.97 (1.2%) to $78.94 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,548,832 shares of LyondellBasell Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,023,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.90-$79.25 after having opened the day at $78.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.97. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: BioFuel Energy Corporation ( BIOF), up 25.8%, Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 8.8%, Metabolix ( MBLX), up 5.3% and A Schulman ( SHLM), up 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full LyondellBasell Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.