Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PetSmart ( PETM) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, PetSmart fell $2.03 (-2.8%) to $69.76 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,459,976 shares of PetSmart exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,164,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $69.01-$70.53 after having opened the day at $69.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.79. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Office Depot ( ODP), down 8.0%, China Auto Logistics ( CALI), down 5.6%, Big 5 Sporting Goods Corporation ( BGFV), down 4.7% and Odyssey Marine Exploration ( OMEX), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PetSmart Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.