Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alexion Pharmaceuticals ( ALXN) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Alexion Pharmaceuticals fell $1.86 (-1.4%) to $129.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,011,284 shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,054,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $127.70-$132.00 after having opened the day at $131.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $131.72. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 21.6%, Prana Biotechnology ( PRAN), down 10.3%, Cardium Therapeutics ( CXM), down 9.3% and Sarepta Therapeutics ( SRPT), down 8.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Alexion Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.