Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ecolab ( ECL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Ecolab fell $1.64 (-1.6%) to $102.28 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,573,269 shares of Ecolab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 936,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $101.22-$102.68 after having opened the day at $101.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $103.92. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Select Comfort Corporation ( SCSS), down 19.1%, Truett-Hurst Inc Class A ( THST), down 6.9%, Crumbs Bake Shop ( CRMB), down 6.5% and Shiloh Industries ( SHLO), down 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ecolab Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.