Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Devon Energy ( DVN) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Devon Energy fell $0.78 (-1.3%) to $60.25 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,468,935 shares of Devon Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,564,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $60.07-$60.65 after having opened the day at $60.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.03. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Great Northern Iron Ore ( GNI), down 46.8%, WSP Holdings ( WH), down 12.6%, China Natural Resources ( CHNR), down 12.5% and Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), down 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Devon Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.