Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NiSource ( NI) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, NiSource rose $0.49 (1.5%) to $32.95 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,924,829 shares of NiSource exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,131,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.39-$33.30 after having opened the day at $32.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.46. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), up 11.3%, Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), up 6.2%, Cadiz ( CDZI), up 5.5% and Just Energy Group ( JE), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full NiSource Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.