Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Genworth Financial ( GNW) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Genworth Financial rose $0.39 (2.5%) to $15.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,169,339 shares of Genworth Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,298,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.69-$16.01 after having opened the day at $15.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.39. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), up 10.4%, Hilltop Holdings ( HTH), up 3.7%, AmTrust Financial Services ( AFSI), up 2.8% and ING US ( VOYA), up 2.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.