Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cooper Tire & Rubber Company ( CTB) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Cooper Tire & Rubber Company rose $0.39 (1.6%) to $25.18 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,697,719 shares of Cooper Tire & Rubber Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,008,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.81-$25.23 after having opened the day at $24.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.79. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Verso Paper ( VRS), up 387.7%, Origin Agritech ( SEED), up 39.2%, Delta Apparel ( DLA), up 9.2% and Swisher Hygiene ( SWSH), up 8.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cooper Tire & Rubber Company Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.