- LBTYA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $88.8 million.
- LBTYA has traded 346,333 shares today.
- LBTYA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LBTYA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LBTYA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LBTYA: Liberty Global plc, an international cable company, provides television, broadband Internet, and telephony services. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Liberty Global a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Liberty Global has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Liberty Global has a market cap of $19.7 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 3.1% with 6.85 days to cover. Shares are down 0.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Liberty Global as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LBTYA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, LBTYA's share price has jumped by 36.22%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- LIBERTY GLOBAL PLC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LIBERTY GLOBAL PLC continued to lose money by earning -$2.33 versus -$3.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$2.27 versus -$2.33).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 3605.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$22.40 million to -$830.10 million.
- Although LBTYA's debt-to-equity ratio of 3.70 is very high, it is currently less than that of the industry average. To add to this, LBTYA has a quick ratio of 0.52, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Liberty Global Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.