LP Building Products announces the release of LP ® Solutions™ 5.0, an update to the affordable, whole-house CAD-based design program available to LP ® SolidStart ® Engineered Wood Products customers. New features include custom labeling, smart modeling, a new closure application for rim board, a tributary area and rim board feature, as well as automatically added squash blocks. “LP Building Products is excited to start 2014 on a high note for our customers with the release of our latest LP Solutions offering,” said Kim Rogers, engineered wood product manager. “We’ve added several new features to make designing even easier, and the program now includes a 64-bit installation as well as our recently launched LP ® SolidStart ® LPI 450 and 530 I-Joists.” LP Solutions 5.0 features:
- Custom labeling gives the user greater control over member labels. Not only does each member type now have its own tab for customization of all aspects, but each member label can now be individually changed by the user.
- With the new Smart Modeling, the software continuously checks for support in the background as users add objects to the model to provide instant feedback for unsupported objects.
- The new Closure Application allows for rim board to be cantilevered.
- Thanks to Tributary Area and Rim Board, rim board now gets tributary loading, meaning starter joists pick up their fair share of the loading, preventing the over designing of adjacent joists.
- Squash Blocks are now automatically added to the layout when Run Checking determines they are needed, appearing in both the 2D and 3D views of the model and as a note on the member design report.