Forward-looking StatementsThis press release includes "forward-looking statements" intended to qualify for the safe harbor from liability under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any statements contained in this press release that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based on the current expectations of the management of the company and are subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. Forward-looking statements include, without limitation, statements typically containing words such as "intends," "expects," "anticipates," "targets," "estimates," and words of similar import. By their nature, forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance or results and involve risks and uncertainties because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future. There are a number of factors that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results and developments to differ materially include, among others:
- unanticipated problems with redeeming Manitowoc’s 9.50% senior notes due 2018;
- unanticipated changes in capital and financial markets;
- unanticipated changes in revenues, margins, costs, and capital expenditures;
- the ability to generate cash and manage working capital consistent with Manitowoc’s stated goals;
- pressure of financing leverage;
- changes in economic or industry conditions generally or in the markets served by Manitowoc; and
- risks and other factors cited in Manitowoc's filings with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission.