Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Exelon fell $0.55 (-2.0%) to $26.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,044,517 shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,320,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $26.45-$26.97 after having opened the day at $26.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.17. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: American DG Energy ( ADGE), down 2.6%, NRG Yield ( NYLD), down 2.0%, RGC Resources ( RGCO), down 1.9% and Atlas Energy ( ATLS), down 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.