Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Marathon Petroleum fell $1.26 (-1.4%) to $88.22 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,039,539 shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,708,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $87.78-$90.25 after having opened the day at $89.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.48. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Golden Minerals ( AUMN), down 9.7%, Camac Energy ( CAK), down 9.2%, USEC ( USU), down 7.3% and WSP Holdings ( WH), down 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.