Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Seagate Technology ( STX) pushed the Technology sector higher today making it today's featured technology winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Seagate Technology rose $1.41 (2.5%) to $56.82 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,044,798 shares of Seagate Technology exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,493,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $55.31-$57.14 after having opened the day at $55.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.41. Other companies within the Technology sector that increased today were: FireEye ( FEYE), up 38.6%, SemiLEDs ( LEDS), up 25.0%, Pixelworks ( PXLW), up 22.0% and China Finance Online ( JRJC), up 17.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Seagate Technology Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.