Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Staples rose $0.20 (1.3%) to $15.79 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,429,684 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,549,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.51-$15.86 after having opened the day at $15.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.59. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: China Auto Logistics ( CALI), up 19.0%, Lentuo International ( LAS), up 12.7%, Odyssey Marine Exploration ( OMEX), up 5.6% and Perfumania Holdings ( PERF), up 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.