Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gap ( GPS) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Gap rose $0.80 (2.1%) to $39.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,429,784 shares of Gap exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,929,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.73-$39.75 after having opened the day at $38.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.72. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: QKL Stores ( QKLS), up 11.4%, Rite Aid Corporation ( RAD), up 8.5%, Pacific Sunwear ( PSUN), up 5.8% and Citi Trends ( CTRN), up 4.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Gap Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.