Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $0.62 (1.2%) to $53.81 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,677,156 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,677,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.38-$54.04 after having opened the day at $53.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.19. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Life Partners Holdings ( LPHI), up 4.6%, United Insurance Holdings ( UIHC), up 2.8%, Atlantic American ( AAME), up 2.2% and Stewart Information Services ( STC), up 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.