Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Morgan Stanley ( MS) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Morgan Stanley rose $0.48 (1.6%) to $31.51 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,671,031 shares of Morgan Stanley exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,832,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.13-$31.70 after having opened the day at $31.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.03. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: GAIN Capital Holdings ( GCAP), up 13.8%, ELEMENTS Linked to SPECTRUM Large Cap U.S ( EEH), up 12.8%, iPath Long Extended S&P 500 TR Index ETN ( SFLA), up 8.0% and Barclays Short B Leveraged Inverse S&P 500 ( BXDB), up 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Morgan Stanley Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.